Dear Lovely People,
We are terribly sorry that we are terrible at actually writing blog posts here, but we hope you understand that we are very busy people when it comes to making coffees and pastries and all those tasty treats for which you come to visit us.
But! We have exciting news. For the first time in Comet history (and we'll be celebrating our third year this year!), we plan to celebrate Pi Day on a much larger scale. If you think Pi Day (3.14.15) is a fantastic invention, we are upping the ante and bringing you Pi(e) Week! It'll be a work in progress; we'll be learning as we go, but for now, we plan to substitute our usual array of pastries with a variety of sweet and savory pies (quiche will still be available; egg pie and all that). If that doesn't work out, we're flexible! We want this to work as much as we love pie (and we love pie a lot).
So, for the last few weeks, we have been gathering and brainstorming ideas for some wacky and amazing pie ideas and we've narrowed it down to the ones listed below. This isn't a for-sure list and we may even add more depending how things go, but we wanted to give you a heads up in order to prepare yourselves for #ohpiegoodness. Not all of these will necessarily be available every day, so please keep that in mind.
- Apple Pie
- Bourbon Pecan Pie (local pecans from Missouri Northern Pecan Growers Association in Nevada, MO)
- Black Bottom Lemon Pie
- Black Walnut Pie (local)
- Chicken Pot Pie (free-range, local chickens from Buttonwood Farms in California, MO)
- Chili con Carne Pot Pie (100% grass-fed, grass finished from Rain Crow Ranch in Doniphan, MO and chipotles from Paul Krautman in Jefferson County, MO)
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chess Pie
- Grapefruit Custard Pie
- Salted Honey Pie (honey from Jesse Brubaker's Between the Rivers Apiary in Dongola, IL)
- Various fruit pies (depending on what we find for sale...)
We are super stoked to be able to attempt this pie extravaganza this year and we hope that you'll join us for some delicious and scrumptious pies (for breakfast, lunch, and dessert) -- because pie and coffee is like peas and carrots.
Thanks for being awesome.